Saturday, December 14, 2013

Manila’s Finest Hunk 2013 is Migz Maneclang

Congratulations to Migz Maneclang for bagging this year’s Manila’s Finest Hunk title. He won P20k in cash, a certificate and a trophy.

Manila's Finest Hunks 2013 winners

He kinda stood out from the other 13 grand finalists because of his built. He was the only one bulky (in a good way), thus, he looked the most masculine of the pack.

And if you’re wondering what Carlos Agassi was doing in the pic, he was a judge and a special guest of the event.

Meanwhile, it was Migz (contestant #7) who was on the stage during the swimwear segment when I arrived. Yes, I was late and to top it off, tickets were already sold out when I got to the box office. I had no choice but to plead with the guard, which, by the way, was no easy feat.

The guard eventually let me in, alright, but only after bribing him with P500. I had no choice. I didn’t want my effort of traveling all the way from Taguig to Recto to go to waste. I started with P100 (the ticket price) but he just laughed me off. I said I’d double the price but he still wouldn’t let me in. Desperate to get inside the venue, I offered him P500 with a “take it or leave it” tone. That’s when I hinted a change in his voice. And the rest, as they say, was history.

Best in Swimwear - Migz Maneclang

Migz was eventually declared the Best in Swimwear.

Best in Formal Wear - AJ Cruz and Jerome Santos

Another special award given out was Best in Formal Wear won by AJ Cruz and Jerome Santos (yea, it’s a tie!).

Anyway, AJ Cruz, who looked so young and had the cutest smile, was also the 1st runner-up slash Mr. Sexy Body. He took home P10k, certificate and trophy.

Stefan Cavito, who looks half-foreign, was 2nd runner-up slash Face of the Year. He received P8k, certificate and trophy.

3rd and 4th runners-up were Aeron Cruz and Jerome Santos respectively. They both got P1k, certificate and trophy.

Arbie Silva

I was kinda rooting for Arbie Silva who was the most-liked contestant on Facebook. He got through the Top 8 as the People’s Choice but was eliminated in the Magic 5.

The same happened with Enzo Abrenica who recently won X Sexy Bodies. Eric Gatdula was the other contestant in the Top 8.

If I were a judge, though, Will Dasovich, Dave Santos and Dos Imperial would be in the Magic 5. Sadly, they didn’t even make the Top 8.

Dos Imperial

Dos, despite his handsome features, however, has an awkward posture in the shoulders area, especially when he’s just standing. I guess that hindered his quest for the title.

The grand finals of Manila’s Finest Hunks Year 2 was quite a success. Much more, it was well-organized and decent, that those who have watched it can say that it was not done just for the sake of showing skin, but rather to celebrate masculinity, and indeed, to search for that young man worthy to be called Manila’s Finest Hunk.

Follow a gay blog on Facebook and Twitter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment