Friday, July 23, 2010

Kwebang Lampas

I was at Kwebang Lampas/Lukang Beach last week with a friend (not The Bestfriend cuz he cancelled it again). It was an adventure because we really didn't know how to get there. All we had were guides we Googled before the trip.

It was a much-needed breather especially for me. Working every single day wears me down. That trip, as short as it may have been, provided change of environment, excercise (we trekked for an hour with my heavy backpack), fun, and a sense of fulfillment (I've always wanted to travel around and that trip to Kwebang Lampas is a start).

The beach (called Lukang Beach) has the whitest sand, although Typhoon Basyang, which hit the country only days before we went there, left the beach a little messy with dried leaves and small tree branches scattered around. The caretaker of the beach apologized for that state, but it's really no big deal to me. I don't even think it has taken away the beauty of the place one bit.

They don't have modern facilities down there, aside from a few cottages and comfort rooms (which I didn't use, anyway). I brought a tent so we didn't rent any of the cottages, but when asked, the caretaker told me cottage rent is from 400 to 500 PHP.

If you're into undeveloped white beaches that's almost deserted, and if you like adventure and trekking, I suggest you go to Kwebang Lampas. The cave is actually just a small part of the attraction, the beauty of the beach is to die for.

To get there, ride a bus to Lucena Grand Terminal. From that same terminal, look for the Pagbilao-bound jeepneys. At Pagbilao market which is the end point of the jeepney ride, there's a small jeepney terminal going to Ibabang Polo. At Ibabang Polo, look for the PNP detachment near the power plant gate. Follow the road to the left of the detachment until you reach a barricade that's the entrance to Sitio Bansilan, and the start of your one hour trek. The trek is pretty easy to follow. Just stay close to the power plant's walls.

Anyway, they don't allow overnight stay at the beach, even if you brought your own tents. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment